Hello, I am Katherine and I am a podcast-addict, what about you?
I work from home and I am always listening to something interesting. That’s why I have prepared a pretty long list of Montessori things to listen for you.
I know it myself that I can’t listen to just every podcast. There are a lot of factors that matter. For example, the voice of the speaker is important, the speed, the overall feeling. So please don’t force yourself listening to a specific one if it doesn’t go for you. Choose the ones you like.
This is not a top so the podcasts are in a random sequence, as they were coming to my mind 🙂
1. The Montessori Notebook Podcast from Simone Davies. It is a place for deep conversations with families around the world to be inspired by how we all can bring Montessori into our daily lives. Simone is amazing and you can clearly feel her positive vibes and sincere attitude. Simone is also answering listener questions each episode. The podcast has launched not so long ago and there are 8 episodes so far. Looking forward for more.
2. Child of the Redwoods Podcast from Aubrey Hargis. It is a Montessori parenting podcast too. I like the topics that Aubrey chooses for her podcasts. They are always answering those questions that many parents have in mind. I also enjoy the way Aubrey talks. The podcast feels like a conversation with a friend.
3. The Pink Tower Montessori Podcast produced by The Maria Montessori School in Memphis, TN. There are only 8 episodes, which include, for example, discussion of parent education, the future of adolescent education, technology in Montessori. Also they have several interesting episodes where they talk with parents of Montessori alumni, past Montessori students currently freshman in High School, past Montessori students currently seniors in High School, past Montessori students currently in college.
4. Baan Dek Podcast. This is probably the longest-running podcast out there. They have 100+ episodes. I like their school and blog in general and enjoy the podcast too. You can find there episodes that speak to teachers and parents.
5. The Art of Parenting Podcast with Jeanne-Marie Paynel. I love listening to Jeanne-Marie. She has so much experience and wise thoughts. She always has a guest on her podcast and they are always interesting personalities.
6. Xavier University’s Montessori Conversations Podcast. I have just recently started listening to this one and finished just several episodes yet but I really like that it focuses on teachers and classroom exactly.
7. AMI Podcasts. There are just a few episodes so far but in one of them, you can listen to Maria Montessori herself! They promise more episodes this year dedicated to 150 years of Montessori.
8. The Montessori Education Podcast with Jesse McCarthy. The episodes are interesting to listen. There is a mix of episodes about teaching and parenting.
9. Science, Montessori, and Parenting Podcast from Laura Flores Shaw. The name speaks for itself. There are not very many episodes and the podcast is not issuing anymore but those existing episodes are pretty interesting.
10. Shelf Help Podcast Nicole Kavanaugh and Amy Dorsch has recently started a podcast called Shelf Help. I love the name! There are 5 episode out so far in which they talk about creating the Montessori routine, floor beds and art museums, Montessori and social distancing.
Do you have favorites out of those? Do you have favorite episodes?
Am I missing some intersting podcasts? I will be super happy if you recommend me something too 🙂