Happy to see you again art explorers. We continue our study of painted beauty. Previous times we looked at gorgeous paintings, we enjoyed masterpieces, we were trying to find matches, we were forming them from pieces. Now it is time to get to know better their authors. At this step, I suggest using my Famous Artists 3-part Cards.
I included in this material all the wonderful artists whose paintings you can meet in my whole art appreciation series, and series is big and there are a lot of paintings, so it turned out that the number of painters is really huge! So there are 69 painters cards in there! Like a lot! But it is good because you can use this material in different variations and with different ages and you don’t need to seek some other 3-part cards with artists because probably your artist will be here.
Material consists of
- 69 picture+name cards
- 69 picture cards
- 69 name cards
Preparing material for work:
1. Print all the cards
2. Cut all of them
How to use the material:
1. Tell the Child that now you are going to look at the creators of beautiful art – at the artists.
2. Line up picture + name cards from top to the bottom along the left side in a column
3. Take the picture only card and compare it to the first picture+name card. If it matches, leave the card there. If not, continue comparing it to other control cards until a match is found.
4. Continue in this way with the rest of the picture cards until they have all been matched.
5. Take the name card and compare it to the first card in a column. If it matches, leave the card there. If not, continue comparing it to the other cards until a match is found.
6. Continue in this way with the rest of the label cards until they have all been matched.
7. Say “Look, all these people have created a lot of wonderful things, and you can too”
By the way, who is your favourite artist? Write me in comments and we will check if he is in the list;)
You can download this material HERE.
Read about previous Levels of Art Appreciation